Monday, June 2, 2008

It's hot, Don.

Don?! Who the heck is Don? Well, really, if you don't live in southern Indiana or northern Kentucky you probably won't get it (It's from a car commercial a local dealer updates every summer). But it really is hot. Last week it started warming up and today it was supposed to get into the 90s. I'm not really sure what the high today actually was but I can vouch that it was pretty high up there. So can my flowers. I think they're dying...and if they aren't yet they will start to pretty soon. It just got too hot, too fast. I sort of feel like a failure in the gardening department right now. I'm trying to keep the soil moist without over watering them and nothing is really working. I'll just have to keep chugging along and hope they stay alive. :o)
I'm really starting to feel the fact that I haven't scrapbooked in the last month. Yes, you read right. A. Month. We have been so busy since we moved into the house that I haven't even had time to set up my scrapbook area downstairs, much less try to put together a page. I'm really starting to miss it though. I think tonight I'll work on some Thank You cards and see what I can get done.

Anyhoo I'll leave y'all with some cute pics of Jonah playing with one of his many cars. Lord, we find these things all over the house...






and one more pic from Minnesota of me and Bishnu -


Hm....methinks I should start running again...I'm starting to look like a chunky monkey...I'll think more about it after I finish this here bowl of ice cream with chocolate syrup.
Ta ta for now!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Dad says that when it hits 90 degrees, we'll "button everything up and turn on the air conditioner". When did we start to "button things up"? lol Hey, I've got a purple car in my car if you're missing it lol. Yes, I'm missing scrapping too. Our group doesn't seem to get together anymore for some reason :P

Anonymous said...

I love chuncky monkey!!!!! The bannana icecream with nuts and chunks of chocolate. I am trying this whole blog thing you should check it out at angelmonkeys.blogspot.com. I figure if i write what i feel i will have less headaches. Thats my hope anyway.

Anonymous said...

I think that the flying monkey in a taxi is a great idea. No all i have to do is find one.

Maggie Ann. said...

i know those commercials because i'm a real hoosier! once i heard someone (here in Missouri) use that expression in a derogatory manner, and i was all like, "oh no you di-in't..."

i still can't get over how beautiful jonah is. wow.

its so hot here. and, we have central air in our new house, but we found out it doesn't work! i can't even believe the bad luck. i feel so guilty taking multiple showers a day, but its a must, we get so sticky.

i know what you mean about the time thing. i haven't been able to create or art in so long its really getting to me. i'm trying this week to purge the house, but it is so overwhelming. i keep trying to remind myself, baby steps, i think i need it tattooed on my forehead.

i love you :)