Saturday, May 31, 2008

Well, I've finally got some updated pictures of the house that I can post on here. Sorry it took me so long but we've just been crazy busy! We've painted the living and dining rooms and we finally got our stove this past Thursday. We still have a lot of things to do around here but I figure if we do a major project every year for the next couple of years we'll get there slowly but surely and without breaking our bank accounts. Here's the front of the house...We haven't changed a whole lot up here because the landscaping in the front was already done when we bought it. We've added the mailbox and a few potted plants on the front step and really, I think that's all it needs right now. It's simple but cute. I would like to add planter boxes at some point but they'll have to wait until we get some of the major projects done. I also would like to get some patio furniture for the front porch. It is such a nice space and we want to utilize it as much as possible. Don't you love these built-ins and fireplace? I do! I'm pretty sure these are original to the house. The fireplace is gas and we're going to have to have it inspected before we try to use it (not that we'd be using it anytime soon!) but it's going to wonderful to have during the fall and winter months. It's a shame that we have to put the tv where it is right now but we're wanting to get a wall-mounted one to hang over the fireplace. It's amazing...Bishnu and I both agree on a design/decorating element! Who knows when that will happen again....lol! Anyhoo, the couch is positioned on the opposite wall and the paint color actually looks darker than this. It's called 'Crisp Toast'. I haven't put any pictures or decorations on the walls yet. And <--- this is our dining room. Well, part of it anyways. There's not a whole lot in here right now because we don't have a dining room table yet. The corner that I stood in to take the picture holds our conputer desk and chair. Don't you love this blue? We do! It's not quite this intense in real life. I can't wait to get the table in here and start decorating. There is also a big bay window in this room so I'll be able to put up beautiful drapes. The light fixture came with the house. Aren't we lucky? :o) Just to give a feeling of the flow of the house - Jonah is standing in the living room in this picture. The other doorway leads to our bedroom (turn right), the upstairs bathroom (keep walking straight) and Jonah's room (turn left). Now if you were walking from the living room and wanted to go to the kitchen, you would just walk straight through the dining room and voila! There it is! Our kitchen is a really good size considering the house was built in 1920-something. This picture was taken before our lovely stove was delivered this past week so just imagine it in the lower left-hand corner. The curtains came with the house also but I'm probably going to change them because although the kitchen looks just fine the way it is, I'm going to be painting in here too! I'm thinking either a yellow or green for the walls, white for the paneling and I haven't figured out what for the countertop yet. I'm loving the ideas of concrete countertops right now. They are pretty affordable and the concrete people can add color tinting or recycled glass for a little sparkle. The recycled glass is where I'm kind of leaning and *surprise!* Bishnu agrees on that with me too. Man, we're on a roll here...But the concrete countertop will have to wait also because really, there is nothing wrong with the one we have other than it's blindingly white.

Well, I believe that's all for now. Bishnu just brought me pancakes and they're screaming at me from the plate. Have a nice weekend all!

1 comment:

Maggie Ann. said...

Goodness, wow, your house=perfect. I can't wait to see it in person. We'll prolly have to hitch up a horse and buggy to make it to indiana from here though, with the gas prices the way they are. bah. i miss you.