Friday, June 6, 2008

Summer.

Things I love about summer...
-honeysuckle
-Papaw Uppey's garden (yay for fresh veggies!)
-the smell of Mom and Dad's house before the a/c is turned on
-sunlight until 8 pm
-library reading program
-the sun warming my face

This is all I can think of off of the top of my head right now but I'm sure I would have lots more to add given more time. It has been a wonderful day so far...We went to Denny's this morning and had breakfast with my family. I'm glad that this is becoming a tradition every time Bret and Stacey are home for a week or weekend. Came back home and did some dishes, finished putting away laundry and whatnot. There is something so satisfying about doing this little chores and feeling a sense of contentment in my home afterwards.

So yesterday, Mom and I went to White Oak for a big yard sale event. I think there was anywhere between 12 and 20 families that were having sales. However, we only saw about half this many because we 1.) Got lost within the first 20 minutes of our first sale and 2.) Ran into about 3 cousins we didn't realize lived back there and spent most of our time talking and catching up. Those Uppencamps are EVERYWHERE, I tell ya! If you have never driven through White Oak and live in the area, do it. It is beautiful. The land is so peaceful and full of trees. It feels so unspoiled and miles away from the nearest town (well, that part if doubly true since it is, really.) I think my parents would both love to move there if they ever had the chance. I would too but I don't know if Bishnu could handle being that far away from a Chinese restaurant. :o)

One more thing about Justin Nozuka and then I'm done, I promise! I don't what it is about his music specifically that I'm loving but he has the most wonderful voice. It's strong and pure at the same time. Don't you just love discovering new music and then realize that you were needing something new all along? Anyways, I love his style of rythym. And yes, I have been dancing crazy to it around the house this afternoon. Now that is the true measure of good music.

Ta ta for now!

No comments: