Monday, June 16, 2008

Fun in the Sun...

I don't know about you but we had a great weekend...Bishnu was off this weekend so we were able to squeeze in a lot of family time. Saturday I was able to get up to the museum and volunteer for a couple of hours while Bishnu stayed home with Jonah. Sandy and I were able to print, fold and stuff most of the newsletters and get them ready to be mailed.
On Father's Day, I fixed breakfast for Bishnu and we got ready to go to a birthday party in Washington. The party was for Daniel, my mom's sister's older boy, who was turning 6. I can't believe he's 6 already! Coincidentally, he had a Cars themed cake that was very similar to the one Jonah had a couple of weeks ago. We spent a couple of hours catching up and chasing the kids around the park, which was pretty crowded that day. I, of course, got sunburnt all around the back of my neck and my upper arms. Bishnu and Jonah look very nice and tan today. I've been trying not to glower at them while I scratch my neck. But it's not working...Anyhoo, Grandpa Don (mom's dad) wasn't at the party because he is recovering from a dog bite to the hand. Yes. You heard me right. It seems that Grandpa was trying to separate two dogs who were fighting over picked cherries and one of them caught his hand. Hopefully it will heal up nicely soon. We'll keep you updated.
After the party we headed back to Petersburg and spent a couple of hours with Papaw Uppey (dad's dad). Finally got home at about 7 pm or so and Dad stayed here for a couple of hours. We watched 'Night at the Museum' (very cute! I recommend it!) and vegged out for the rest of the night. Hope you all had a nice Father's Day with your families!

Oh, I'm tired. Sorry if that was jumbled and whatnot. I really need to start blogging earlier in the day before I get too pooped out...

No comments: