Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I am lusting after...

this beauty. The Canon EOS DRebel XT. Isn't it beautiful? I think it is. Bishnu and I have been talking about getting another digital camera since ours bit the dust last year. We already have a
wonderful film camera that my Mom gave us when she upgraded and I love it. I really do. I love using film and getting the negatives...there is something so wonderful about having them developed that way. It's like you're still paying a bit of a tribute to the early years of photography. But we want a digital camera. I feel slightly like I'm out of the loop by not having one and wanting one. And it would make sending pictures to Bishnu's family so much faster and easier. But, unfortunately, it will probably be awhile until we get this. It is definitely out of our price range right now and unless someone sends us some surprise money we will not be able to get this until Christmas. That is my goal. To have this sucker by Christmas. *sigh* So for now all I can do is look. And watch for a sale. And sigh. Oh well. We are trying to reduce our debt right now and it's not going so well. With the economy in such a downward spiral and gas prices rising it is hard to imagine that we'll be buying any extras anytime soon. Bishnu has been watching the job ads - we have been planning on him finding a better paying job after he finishes up this summer and then he found out that the Sunoco he is working at will be closing due to I-69. We'll see what happens...

Ta ta for now!

1 comment:

Sarah Coggins said...

I'm lusting over that one too. But, like you, I don't want to fork over that amount of money just yet. DH & I recently bought a new point & shoot instead. Much less expensive, but still a new toy. ;)