Saturday, June 7, 2008

Hooray for weekends!

I'm sooo relieved that its Saturday. Well, almost Sunday now. Today Mom and I decided to go yard sale-ing around the White Oak area. I'll tell y'all about that later and see if I can't upload some pics of the goodies we bought while out...

In other news, my brother and his gf are home for the weekend. They will both be leaving for New Zealand in a couple of weeks to spend a semester abroad. I'm so excited for him! He's wanted to go to New Zealand since Lord of the Rings was filmed there and this will be such a great experience for him career-wise, also. Although I'm nervous about not seeing him for 6 months I can't say enough how proud I am of him and how he has taken such control (do we really ever have complete control?...) of his life. He has become such an adult and I feel like I somehow missed the transition...of course, I am only 2 years older than him and I'm sure he feels the same way about me. When did we become so grown up? When we were making life plans I suppose...Back to original thought here - tomorrow morning we'll be going out for breakfast. I'm going to try to get a picture of all of us. I'll post it if I get a good one. :o)

In additional other news, I've discovered a great new artist today! If you can, check out Justin Nozuka at http://www.myspace.com/justinnozuka. I'm absolutely loving his music right now. He's very groovy... :o)

Ta ta for now!

1 comment:

Maggie Ann. said...

Hey baby. I'm listening to Justin Nozuka right now and totally feeling it.

I just have to say that I now exactly what you are talking about (about everything. . . )About your brother and about control of our lives.

Josh and I went, a couple weekends ago, to Columbia, Missouri. Where Josh is from and where my brother is living now. And we stayed the weekend, sleeping at my brother's apartment. And the morning we woke up Evan made us a brunch of pancakes and eggs and toast. And it was so surreal to be in his apartment, in the city he is living in, on his own.
This year he will be 21(!) and I will be 23(!), and it is all so so surreal... this growing up! Most of the time I don't even know what to think about. I look at it and completely understand that I have no control over any of it, what-so-ever. Wow. That is a crazy feeling. And scary. But also exciting in its own way.

I love you so much, and I just want to say again how thrilled I am that you started this space where I can read about your life. Because I miss, with my whole, whole heart, being a part of it like we used to be a part of each other's lives. IT seems like yesterday when everyday we shared together in those burgundy hallways. I love you so much, like I always have and like I always will. You mean the whole world to me Chanel Renee.