Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Seek and Find Consignments

Several weeks ago Mom, Bishnu, Jonah and I were in Evansville for a shopping day when we came across this nifty little consignment shop, Seek and Find Consignments (http://seekandfindconsignments.com/). The shop itself is located a little out of the way of the main E-ville shopping region but it is worth the extra gas. Their website doesn't have nearly half of their invitory posted but has just enough to give you a taste of what treasures lay waiting inside their store. They only take items that are in very good shape and carry great furniture. The way they price items is a little different - the item is given a price when it first enters the store. A month later that price is slashed by 15%. After 2 months it is cut by 30% and cut 50% after 3 months. If it still hasn't been bought by month 4 it is donated to charity. I don't know about you guys but that is a pretty good deal considering some of the items in the store are brand new...The day we were there I spotted a cute little table and matching chair that would be perfect for my scrapbook space and I'm praying that it is still there when I go next. I highly recommend all of you (all 2 of you!) to at least go and visit this shop. You just might find something that suits your needs. Just don't go and buy my table and chair. :o)

3 comments:

Darleen said...

i call that "knocking around" shopping and sometimes that is the most fun. I hope that they don't sell your scrapbooking table....

Momma Truitt said...

I used to live by that shop!! I tell you though, my favorite consignment shop in E'ville was the one behind Beuhler's on Morgan. They had nice antique furniture for a reasonable price. I bought a really nice dresser for fifty dollars and a tv entertainment center for seventy five. And there is one just across the highway....by the tatoo place. OMG...you and I need to go sometime!! :)

Consignment Shopper said...

Chanel: Thanks for the comments on Seek and Find Consignments. I am the owner Ken Colbert. The shop now has over 1500 consignors and approximately 1000 items a week are now consigned; incredible volume of inventory coming in and out. Watch for our expansion. Next time you come into the shop please tell the staff to provide you with the preferred customer discount. This will entitle you to an additional 10% off the already discounted prices; up to 60% off.

Again thanks for the comments.