Sunday, July 20, 2008

A little of this and a little of that...Take 2...

Some adorable pictures of Jonah taken the day of his birthday party...He looks so grown up in these! And tan! Lord, that boy tans up quick! I'm sure it has nothing to do with his Asian father...

The car he's playing with here was actually *on* his birthday cake. This is what it looked like before he realized that those decals were paper and could be pulled off easily. It looks pretty naked now...

He really is starting to watch tv/movies more. I'm pretty sure he was watching the Cars movie here. In fact, it had to be. Because that is all we watched all day, every day for about a month straight. We're now branching out - we've added Finding Nemo and a Little Einstein dvd. Or in Jonah-ese, "Fish...Meemo?" and "Steinafoeijfawohfhi?". I love Jonah-ese. :o)

Have you ever read a book and right at the end, the author decides to switch things up a little and completely throw you off? Normally that doesn't bother me but...I finished a book the other night that I thought I had all figured out. I was just cruising along at the end waiting for the happy ending...and then *BAM!* Girl DOES NOT end up with boy (who was very,very handsome, btw, with gray eyes and built nicely....) but instead finagles around, gets upset with something he says and takes off. Granted, said boy did not use the best judgement and was a bit of a dolt but still! Said girl ends up pregnant, travels to a country far, far away and never tells boy about baby. And that's how it ends. WHAAATTT?! <--- That was my face at the end of the book. *sighhh* That is what I get for assuming! Good thing that was a library book.

Ta ta for now!

2 comments:

KarenSue said...

that book ending sounds like the setup for a sequel..

just wanted to stop by and say howdy from the middle of CA, and that I have Indiana roots, my dad is from Kokomo. And my dil is from Clay City.

emily said...

What cute pictures! Thanks for the contact advice...they are feeling much better today. btw: What were you reading?