Friday, September 5, 2008

It's Fall...

and I am loving every minute of this wonderful weather! I love Fall temperatures and how the pace of the world just seems to slow down a little. Don't get me wrong - I like Summer. I like waking up to sunlight first thing in the morning and wonderful fresh fruits and vegetables and all of the other things Summer entails. But I, as everyone else in our state, get tired of all the hot. And the humidity. And people running around with gorgeous tans while the only thing I seem to accumulate is a "farmer's tan" that is actually just a faded sunburn. Well, that last point is more of a personal opinion rather than a general consensus of our state's population. Unless you've seen my ghost-white legs and arm "tan"...then you would probably agree that I need to go to a tanning bed before spending a few hours out in the sun...Anyhoo, I can't wait to wear sweaters! Is that a bizarre thing to say? Maybe. But I can't help it. There is nothing I like more than wearing a big comfy sweater, jeans and thick socks while reading a great book and sitting somewhere comforting. Add to that a dash of soft rain and I'm in heaven.

Ta ta for now!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I agree! Fall sweaters, warm drinks, fires, the smell of burning leaves...I love it all!

Brlooke on 2peas

Sharla said...

I SO agree, fall is my favorite time of year. I also have lily white legs and they rarely see the light of day! I live for long sleeve t-shirts, sweaters, jeans, and thick socks curled up on a overcast day reading a book.......hmmm, there's not many things that are better!!!