Thursday, September 18, 2008

Crafty, scrappy goodness...

I finally had some time to take bad, blurry pictures of what I've done the last week or two and get them on the computer! I know I promised never to take pictures with my camera phone again but really, it's all I had on hand and...well, that's it really. Sorry for the blurryness. Blurriness? Bluriness-oh I give up!



































I was looking for some frames to put Jonah's artwork in for his amazing bedroom transformation but couldn't find one the right size for one piece in particular. I rummaged and rummaged (I have lots of random frames laying around...I'm a frame-a-holic...) and finally found one in a box of frames I had bought at a yard sale for about $1 when I was in high school. (I started with the frames early, I tell ya!) It was the perfect size but there was one problem. It had dividers for multiple pictures. The only solution was to tear out the dividers. So I took the hammer to it! (I was so excited that I started demo before I remembered to take a picture!)









This obviously, is post dividers. All it needed then was a couple dabs of black paint and...









instant cuteness!








This is just another frame in my collection that was previously a horrendous shade of fake gold. I liked the texture of it though so decided to keep it. I painted it black and *voila!* more cuteness! (By the way, this drawing was the first one that Jonah informed us what it was when he was finished drawing. It, obviously, is a fish.) :o)













Ta ta for now!

3 comments:

Emily said...

frame-a-holics unite!
How fun to display his artwork in his bedroom.

Jennie said...

You've been framed! Bwahahahaha!

At least you're posting something :) I haven't had time to post hardly anything since school started. Two more tests next week... both on Wednesday! yikes!

Mandi said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! And what a great idea with the picture frames!