Friday, August 29, 2008

I NEED...

something to read! Desperately! I have taken all of my (overdue) library books back to the library and can't check any out more until I have paid my (overdue) fee and I am just about to go stir-crazy because I have read everything in our house and need something new! *whew* My poor husband...He knows me well, that's all I can say! When I called him at work yesterday to whine he was so sympathetic and tried to cheer me up. It was pretty sweet, actually. :o) Guess where I'm going to be Tuesday morning during my lunch break? Any guesses? Anyone? I'll tell you because I know you can't bear the suspense...I'll be in the library sniffing the books (books, not book glue people) and in reader heaven.

Did anyone hear my heart breaking the other night? I watched 'Becoming Jane' and bawled like a little baby. Of course I knew what was going to happen (well, not exactly but I knew about Tom Lefroy) and I still cried my eyes out. *sigh* I was almost afraid to put in 'Mansfield Park' (the 1999 BBC version) afterwards but am so glad I did! It cheered me up immensley. I can totally understand why MP was Austen's favorite novel...It is currently tied in second place with Sense and Sensibility in my list. :o) I remember reading online somewhere that an author has created a whole series based on the leading men of Austen's novels. The series is made of diaries of the leading men...I'm definitely going to try to look into these...

Ta ta for now!

No comments: