Monday, May 26, 2008

Minnesota goodness

Well, we're back from Minnesota and we had a great time! It was wonderful seeing Bishnu's family and getting to spend some much needed time with them. They absolutely adored Jonah and all of his cars but he was still a little too shy to go give them hugs or lovies...maybe on the next visit. I really wish we could have stayed longer and that I knew more Nepali. Guess I'll have to break out my Nepali cd and book and get to practicing. And now I want to go to Nepal even more! Oh well...in time, I guess. Here are a couple of shots from Friday:

Jonah at the Munsinger/Clemens Garden


Aama, Papa, Bishnu, Me and Jonah


Some more of the beautiful flowers we saw

Roopa and Bishnu
That's only a few of what we took but I don't want to bombard you too much yet. I'm still trying to get the hang of this thing and I'll be adding more pictures in as soon as I get my other links figured out.
We're kind of at a standstill right now on decorating the house - our stove will be arriving on Thursday and we really can't do anything else until Bishnu and I both get paid. At least I'll be able to bake goodies soon. I'm still trying to convince Bishnu that a Kitchenaid Mixer is absolutely in the budget for the kitchen. He, however, begs to differ seeing as how we had to spend our stimulous check on kitchen appliances and have next to nil left over. And, of course, when he brings up that little nugget of information, I have to agree. My little hand-mixer will do just fine and mixes everything just the same. I just want one of those pretties! Preferably a yellow or white one...I know. I am shameless.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vv <----- this is Jonah's contribution to my post. Y'all should feel honored...He tore himself away from his Cars movies, no small feat by any means, to come see what I was doing and felt the need to push a few buttons.
And on that note, I'll go. Ta ta for now!


3 comments:

Jennie said...

I get to be your first comment :) I can't wait to see the rest of your pictures :)

Jess said...

I really like this blogging thing! I'm glad that you showed it to me, but now i'm going to be obsessed LOL!

Maggie Ann. said...

I'm so happy you guys got to spend time with Bishnu's family. That is so awesome. I love looking at your pictures so much. I'm really happy, too, that you got on blogspot. wooohoooo! now the real party can begin. hehehe.
i love those kitchen-aid mixers. they are so kitschy and dependable looking. lucky you have a hand mixer. i don't have a mixer of any kind. hehe, i just have to stir real fast like :)