Monday, August 25, 2008

Time again for my...

weekly post! Hm...unfortunately that's what seems to be happening lately! I can only plead exhaustion and no brain syndrome due to work. Fortunately, the semester has finally started and work is slowing down a tid bit. The Olympics have ended (sadly...I'll miss those swimmers...) and I can get my sleep schedule back to rights. And last, but not least, Jonah seems to be on the downswing of a terrible-two fit! *cue Hallelujah chorus* I've had this feeling quite a bit recently that I'm not sure if I can handle everything. This week is promising to be much slower and easier for this homebody.

Jonah has been alternating between being sweet and cuddly vs. hitting, kicking, "NO!", growling (yes, growling), and chasing the poor cats. Ah, the joys of toddlerhood. I honestly think I have aged more in the past month than I have in the past two years. I feel the gray hair growing in and the lines marking my face from grimacing.

Saturday, one of my good friends from school got married and my Mom had the pleasure of taking her wedding pictures. I can't wait to see how they turned out. This friend's older sister got married recently and Mom took her pictures as well. They turned out beautifully! I think Mom might be on to something here... ;o) Anyways, the wedding was beautiful and we had a great time. We got to catch up with a lot of old family friends, dance, eat good food and take home extra wedding cake! Who can beat that!? lol...

Ta ta for now!

1 comment:

emily said...

I hope things do slow down a bit for you this week. Take it easy on yourself! Picture yourself on the sailing trip you remembered from my post. That's what I do! I live around boats but unforutnately don't get to go on them much...it's a special kind of torture. Seeing them but not getting to enjoy them :)