Sunday, December 7, 2008

Happy Sunday

It is Christmas tree day in the Kunwar household! We will finally be trudging our way to a little tree farm nearby and bringing home a tall and stately but rounded in all the right places beauty to grace our dining room. Then I will able to finish decorating the house! It is so hard to get into the mood of decorating for Christmas without a Christmas tree already in residence and I can't wait to get started. Christmas decorations and cheer always seem to instantly create a comforting and home-y feeling. Although I will admit to being a little concerned with how our tree will fare this year with 2 cats (1 kitten and 1 mature who might as well be a kitten around Christmas trees...) and a 2.5 year old little boy who likes to think of tree ornaments as balls. Yes, that includes the ones that are not round and ball-like. As an extra precation all those that are round, ball-like and expensive will be hanging out near the top of the tree this year.

Another blogger, Deanna Raybourn, posted a question on her blog today that I thought I would borrow and post here as well (I hope you don't mind, Deanna!). What do you do when you get down in the dumps? Is there a special book or magazine that seems to comfort you? Certain spot or location? Favorite snack? Or is it a combination of all of these things? I personally like to snuggle up with Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery or Sabriel by Garth Nix with a bowl of ice cream (mint chocolate chip, preferably) and read uninterrupted. Country Home magazine usually brings an odd sort of peace, as well. :o)

Have a wonderful Sunday!

2 comments:

Momma Truitt said...

Have your ever seen the Anne of Green Gable movies? They are my FAVORITE!!

For relaxation, I lock myself in the bathroom for all of twenty minutes and take a nice HOT bubble bath!

Oh, and good luck with the tree. Been there, done that! I used to find ornaments in their toy box way past Christmas...

Maggie Ann. said...

I'm glad that you all were able to get your Christmas tree! It sounds as though your home is quite festive! Good luck with keeping everything in its rightful place!
We haven't even begun to decorate, this week is finals week for me, so when classes are done for this quarter I will probably put up a few decorations.
Your answer to Deanna's question sounds very peaceful and relaxing. I would have to say when I get to feeling down I try to follow wherever my heart leads me to rest and recuperate. Sometimes that is to the kitchen to create something nourishing, the bedroom to nap, the bathroom to bathe, the cd player to put on some favorite music, or to Josh's arms to talk it out if something is on my heart.
Love you sweetie. Kisses and hugs to all :)